02/04/2010

Alice in Wonderland (Tim Burton, 2010)

Finally saw Alice in Wonderland today and it lived up to my expectations. I'm a fan of Tim Burton but i'm always skeptical about his films because they're usually quite big hits. However.

Alice in Wonderland is exciting, fantastical and full of the symbolism of Carroll's original work, while remaining fully a Tim Burton film. Perhaps it's due to Burton's usual roster of actors. Speaking of actors, the film boasts a good line-up including Matt Lucas, Stephen Fry, Martin Sheen and the iconic Christopher Lee and Alan Rickman.

The film gives off a trippy, opium-driven perspective, following different characters at different times like the story is easily distracted. This is only added to when the film is seen in 3D.

Mia Wasikowska played a good Alice, however Anne Hathaway annoyed me a little bit. I know she was supposed to be airy and floaty, but she just didn't do it for me. She was more like the other type of queen.

Overall though I did really enjoy the film, holding it high above that other Disney garbage from the 50s.

Here's the trailer for your perusal...

No comments:

Post a Comment